Akshaya Tritiya Puja
Akshaya is a Sanskrit word wherein the word “Akshaya” means “eternal, never diminishing, or imperishable” signifying prosperity, hope, joy, and success. The word Tritiya here means “third.” Akshaya Tritiya means the “third lunar day of unending prosperity.” So anything that we do on Akshaya Tritiya grows with time and cannot be destroyed. This 24-hour time holds the secret for acquiring ever-increasing wealth This year Akshaya Tritiya falls on April 18th on Wednesday and is considered auspicious because of its conjunction with Rohini Nakshatra.
Akshaya Tritiya Tithi Begins = 03:45 on 18/Apr/2018
Akshaya Tritiya Tithi Ends = 01:29 on 19/Apr/2018
Akshaya Puja Mahurat –05.56 to 12.20
The mythological significance of Akshaya Tritiya:
- According to Shiva Purana, on Akshaya Tritiya day, Kubera was made the Lord of riches and banker of Heaven by Lord Shiva
- Goddess Parvati incarnated as Goddess Annapurna on Akshaya Tritiya. Lord Shiva received alms (biksha) from her.
- According to Mahabharata, Lord Krishna gifted a divine vessel called ‘Akshaya Patra’ to Draupadi on Akshaya Tritiya. This vessel had the power to produce food when required for any number of people miraculously.
- Akshaya Tritiya was the day when Parashurama, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu, was born to Sage Jamadagni and his wife, Renuka.
- It is believed that the holiest river Ganga came down to the earth plane on this day to make mother earth fertile and to quench the thirst of mankind
- Sage Veda Vyasa began to narrate the Mahabharata to Lord Ganesha who captured it in written form on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
- It was Akshaya Teej when Lord Krishna blessed his childhood friend Sudama with riches.
What to do on Akshaya tritya:
- You should worship Lord Vishnu and his incarnations .
- Puja of Kuber and Goddess Lakshmi is done on this day, who are the bestowal of wealth and prosperity.
- Lord Brahma is also pleased if sandalwood water and Modaks are offered to him.
- On the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya try to recite all the 18 chapters of Bhagavad-gita. If not, at least recite one chapter or one verse.
- On the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya you may offer oblations to your departed forefathers to save them from sufferings due to various types of sinful reactions.
- On the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya you can do Annadana
- The day is considered auspicious to start new ventures and buy gold or property. Buying gold ,Gemstones etc on Akshaya Tritiya is believed to invite endless fortune